Adopt A Cat!
Because adopting a cat or kitten, or any other pet, is a serious decision, Homeward Bound has adoption counselors trained to assist you with finding the perfect lifetime companion. They will help you get to know your prospective new feline friend, answer questions, and provide information about cat behavior and care.
Homeward Bound Cat Adoptions believes cat ownership is a moral, physical and financial responsibility.
Our questionnaire is designed to help place our animals in the best possible forever homes. Please complete the adoption form:
How to Adopt from Homeward Bound Cats
- Meet the cats or kittens
- Allow 1-2 hours for your visit
- Meet with an adoption counselor for adoption interview
- Complete adoption application and contract
- Kittens under six months will not be adopted to families with children under 6 years old (on a case by case basis)
- Landlord approval requested for renters; please bring copy of the lease, no exceptions
- Pet parent must be 18 years or older and provide proof of residence (valid driver's license)
- We reserve the right to do a home visit and deliver the new cat/kitten to your home
- We reserve the right to decline an adoption
- Adoption fees are non-refundable. We reinvest every dollar back into the organization to help another cat or kitten in need. We will consider an exchange. If a cat/kitten was adopted and returns as an adult, the exchange will be for an adult.
Kittens (12 months or younger):
One Kitten - $125 / Two Kittens - $200
Adult Cats (1 – 8 years old):
One Cat - $100 / Two Cats - $180
Senior Cats (9+ years):
Senior Citizen Discount (60+):
$10 off Adult Cats / $20 off Senior Cats
- Specialty Breeds may be specially priced.
- See the cage cards to confirm adoption fees.
- All Homeward Bound cats and kittens are: Spayed/neutered, current on vaccinations, tested for FeLV/FIV, microchipped, and current on dental work.
WHICH CAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Kittens: Kittens are very active. We want our kittens to grow up in homes where they will have the companionship of family members or other pets throughout most days. Some kittens are bonded with littermates and depend on a companion kitten in order to feel safe and confident. That’s why we discount the adoption fee for two kittens adopted together.
Young Adults: Many of the younger adults are playful and active, and thrive in the companionship of other cats. Please consider adopting in pairs.
Mature Adults: Usually less active than the youngsters. Some like kitty companionship. Others prefer to be only pets.
Senior Cats: Many were left homeless when their owners passed away. Mend a heart and gain a forever friend.
Special Needs Cats: As a no-kill organization, we care for cats with special physical, health or behavioral issues. You may find warmth and gratitude in these special cats as you enrich their lives.
Where to Adopt?
Our Cage Free Adoption Center:
2675 East Flamingo Road, Las Vegas NV 89121
Tuesday - Sunday 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Join Our E-Newsletter!
Sign up to be the first to know about adoptable cats and kittens, volunteer opportunities, special events, and much more!