Homeward Bound Cat Adoptions provides a modern, free-roaming adoption center to minimize the stress experienced by homeless cats and optimize the opportunity for adoption. When owners are no longer able to care for their pets, we offer an alternative to taking them to a shelter or leaving them on the street.
Founded in 2007, Homeward Bound Cat Adoptions is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, driven and run almost entirely thanks to volunteers. We do not receive funding from national groups to sustain our efforts, but rather rely entirely on the generosity of individuals and local businesses to help pets in need.
- Offer the option of placing for adoption domestic cats/kittens that need to be re-homed.
- Reduce the number of cats abandoned, euthanized, or placed in local shelters.
- Provide healthy spayed/neutered and microchipped cats for adoption.
- Manage a network of reliable, skilled, and loving foster homes.
- Provide veterinary care that includes spays/neuters, vaccinations, diagnostic testing, dental procedures, ophthalmology care, surgery, medications, and hospitalization for cats and kittens in our care.
- Educate our community on the responsibilities of pet ownership.
- Since July 2007, averaged over 40 cat adoptions per month for a total of over 5,000 adoptions.
- Maintained a base of approximately 30 long-term dedicated, skilled volunteers.
- Worked with the Community Cat Coalition of Clark County (C-5) to place in permanent homes over 500 socialized kittens from the C-5 Trap-Neuter-Return program to reduce the number of kittens growing up on our streets
- Gained recognition for contributions to our community from Fox5/Fairway and Henderson Chevrolet’s Shining Star program, the Community Cat Coalition of Clark County, and Clark County Television Channel 4 County Critters program.
Join Our E-Newsletter!
Sign up to be the first to know about adoptable cats and kittens, volunteer opportunities, special events, and much more!