Finding 'fur-ever' homes for the cats and kittens of Las Vegas
Over 4,050 kitties adopted out since August 2007
I Found a Kitten (cat) ...
... will you take it?
Homeward Bound Cat Adoptions is a non-profit charitable organization that offers a resource for those wishing to find homes for domestic cats/kittens. Our mission is to reduce the number of tame cats that are abandoned, euthanized, or placed in local shelters. We envision a community in which no pet owner is forced to make a choice to abandon a cat or kitten or relinquish the pet to a kill shelter.
In order to help as many cats as possible, we have established these guidelines:
If you have a tame INDOOR house cat that you can no longer keep, Homeward Bound may be able to assist provided there is room in our program:
1. Cat(s) must be FeLV/FIV tested, up to date on shots, spayed/neutered and in good health (including dental health). We require written verification from your vet with this information.
2. A minimum donation of $100 per cat is requested if the items above are complete. If you need us to complete the healthcare items above, a donation of $250 per cat is requested.
Your donation is tax deductible.
3. The requested donation for a litter of kittens is $50 per kitten. The momma cat must be spayed after the kittens are weaned. Proof of spay is required.
Foundlings and Friendly Strays
1. We cannot accept cats or kittens that are not current on vaccinations. We can provide referrals for low cost vaccinations. Vaccinations must be administered at least 2 weeks
prior to our acceptance of the cats/kittens.
2. A minimum donation of $100 per adult cat is requested. For kittens, a donation of $50 per kitten is requested. The momma cat must be spayed or arrangements made to do so. Your
donation is tax deductible.
3. If space allows, you may relinquish the cat(s) to our program to be placed in an adoption
center or foster home. Or you may foster the cat(s) in your home until space opens up in our program or the cats/kittens are ready for adoption (i.e. spayed/neutered, tested, and vaccinated).
4. If you choose to foster, we will provide vet care, including spay or neuter.
To make arrangements please call Carol in Las Vegas or LEE in Florida (see numbers to the left)