"All of my cats are adopted and all show their gratitude on a daily basis. I don't know where I would be without them." ~ Bill Goldberg
Because adopting a cat or kitten, or any other pet, is a serious family decision, Homeward Bound has a team of adoption counselors trained to assist you with finding the perfect lifetime companion. They will help you get to know your prospective new feline friend, answer questions, and provide information about cat behavior and care. How to Adopt:
- Meet the cats or kittens
- Allow 1-2 hours for your visit
- Meet with an adoption counselor for adoption interview
- Complete adoption application and contract
- Kittens under six months will not be adopted to families with children under 6 years old ((on a case by case basis)
- Landlord approval requested for renters; please bring copy of the lease, no exceptions
- We insist on indoor-only homes
- Pet parent must be 21 years or older and provide proof of residence (valid driver's license)
- We reserve the right to do a home visit and deliver the new kitty to your home
- We reserve the right to decline an adoption
- Adoption fees are non refundable. We reinvest every dollar back into the organiztion to help another cat or kitten in need. We will consider exchanging the kitty. If a kitten was adopted and retuns as an adult, the exchange will be for an adult.
The adoption fee includes:
- A purrfect kitty for you and your family
- All kitties have been spayed/neutered and microchipped
- All kitties are current on all shots and Rabies (coupons provided to get Rabies when kitten is old enough)
- All kitties have been tested for FeLV/Aids
- All kitties come with a complimentary vet visit (in Las Vegas) or discounted vet visits (in Florida).
We have several adoption fees for your consideration. The fees listed below are for cash or check payments. If you wish to pay with a credit card, adoption fees are increased to $5 more to cover credit card processing fees. Adoption fees in Florida are slightly lower (except for exotic breeds) SOUTHERN NEVADA NORTHERN FLORIDA Kittens ( 3.5 months - 6 months) $125 for one $220 for two $ 80 for one $130 for two
Kittens ( 7 months - 11 months) $110 for one $190 for two $ 70 for one $110 for two
Adult Kitties (1 - 8 years) $100 for one $180 for two $ 60 for one $100 for two
Senior Kitties ( 9+ years) $ 70 for one ask $ 50 for one ask (senior citizens (aged 60+) will receive a discount of $10 on adoult or senior cats only)
We sometimes get exotic breeds like Siamese, Persians, Ragdolls, Sphynx, Munchkin, Bengal, Himalayan, Ocicat, Savannah, and others relinquished to us. Adoption fees for these kitties range between $150-$500 depending on age and breed of the kitty.
We have several kitties who are categorized as 'special needs'. Specifically, completely blind, deaf, FeLV/FIP positive, diabetic, severe mobility issues, neurological issues, etc. The adoption fees for special needs kitties is negotiable. For more information about the special needs kitties available for adoption please call either Carol or Lee depending on your location to be considered. Our goal is to find safe and fur-ever homes for all the kitties.